Location:Australia, All states and territories
Closing:Closing in 8 hours
- Get an exciting taste of life in the Air Force in a dynamic one-year role
- Play a vital role in maintaining Air Force capability
- Good salary package plus numerous benefits
The Air Force Gap Year program provides young Australians an opportunity to broaden their life experience with only a one year commitment. The program offers a ‘try before you buy’ experience of Air Force training and lifestyle, without any obligation to serve beyond the program period.
In 12 memorable months you’ll experience life and work in the Air Force, while enjoying:
- a good salary plus generous superannuation
- highly varied work experience
- free medical and dental
- world-class training and skills for life
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
At the end of the program you can apply to continue your career in the Air Force, or use the skills and experience you’ve acquired to secure an alternative career path.
Your Gap Year role
As an Administration Assistant, you will contribute to the Permanent Air Force and be employed in one of a wide range of roles in support of personnel throughout the Air Force and the wider Australian Defence Force. Areas that you may work include Personnel Management, Personnel Operations, Resource Management, Command Communication and Air and Ground Operations.
In this rewarding and varied role, you will work in a supportive team environment and receive practical training that will prepare you for all aspects of personnel management and administration. You will also develop a range of skills such as attention to detail, effective communication and teamwork that will benefit you for life.
Throughout your gap year, you’ll be supported by professional and enthusiastic Air Force personnel who will provide the guidance necessary to achieve your goals. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Ready for an exciting and adventurous gap year? Then apply now (below).
- Fully-paid training
- Starting salary from $49,171 p.a equiv. plus superannuation, and from $65,659 p.a equiv. plus superannuation, following successful completion of training
- Numerous other benefits such as free medical and dental care, and access to sports and leisure facilities
Military training and employment training for Administration Assistant is held in Wagga Wagga, NSW.
Upon successful completion of training, you’ll be posted to an Air Force Defence Establishment. This includes major air bases such as:
- RAAF Base Amberley or RAAF Base Townsville in QLD,
- RAAF Base Darwin or RAAF Base Tindal in NT,
- RAAF Base Williamtown or RAAF Base Richmond in NSW, and
- RAAF Base Edinburgh in SA.
- Aged between 18 and 24 as of 31 May 2020
- Australian Citizen at time of enlistment
- Completion of Year 12 plus Year 10 passes in English and Mathematics
- It is desirable that you hold a valid full or provisional Drivers Licence (P1 or P2).
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application. For more information view the full position description here.