Location:Gosford & Central Coast
Closing:April 21, 2022
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Opal HealthCare is one of the largest privately owned aged care providers operating across four states in Australia. Our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Applications are now open for Graduate Registered Nurses to join our 5th intake of the Opal HealthCare Graduate Nurse Program! Opal HealthCare have refined our Nurse Graduate program over three years and have had over 200 Nurse Graduates join us on their pathway to being our leaders of the future.
This is your opportunity to gain tangible, hands on experience working with our residents, their families, clinical services and allied health. Opal will be partnering with the Australian College of Nursing to deliver the Graduate Nurse Program designed to develop your clinical and leadership skills.
With 84 Care Communities nationally and a team of over 9,500, we are growing and we invite you to join us on this exciting journey!
What Opal can offer you?
- Defined career pathways with dedicated internal support
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including scholarships for post-graduate studies offering up to $15,000 over 3 years
- Future access to our Leadership Programs – RN2CM & Emerging Leaders
- Supportive team environment with the best leaders in the sector
- Flexibility and work/life balance through a range of shifts
- Rapidly growing organisation with national career opportunities
Who are we looking for?
The best and brightest registered nurse graduates who aspire to be future nurse leaders and grow their careers at Opal. We are seeking RN candidates who have:
- Graduated University within the last 2 years
- Valid AHPRA Registration (or pending)
- Completed less than 12 months of paid practical experience as a Registered Nurse
About the Graduate Nurse Program:
Our 12 month program provides structured support and training. During the program you will gain specialised clinical skills in areas such as dementia care, palliative care, chronic disease management and mental health. You will also develop your leadership skills in a professional practice setting.
This opportunity is being offered across a number of locations within the region including:
- Northern Sydney (Killara)
- Central Coast
- Newcastle, Maitland and Hunter
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical and a personal NDISWC through your state government. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our Care Communities, as well as full vaccination against COVID19.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal