Location:CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs;Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Closing:February 8, 2022
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare have 80 care communities and a team of over 9,000 across Australia. As an Apprentice Chef at Opal, you will be a key member of our culinary team, working under the supervision of experienced, qualified Chefs to prepare high quality, nutritional meals to the residents of Blacktown Terrace Care Community. You will have the ability to ‘earn as you learn’, working Monday to Friday with one of Australia’s leading aged care providers, while you complete your certificate IV in commercial cookery.
At Opal, investing in the future of our team is paramount. We have a clear passion for developing your culinary career through personalised career pathways, supportive mentorship and state-of-the-art equipment. Our food services team are devoted to creating freshly made, enjoyable food experiences that support the joy and wellbeing of our residents.
About the role:
- Learn to plan, prepare and serve a seasonal menu of nutritious meals in consultation with the residents of your care community.
- Assist with the overall operation and running of our kitchens to align with the Opal HealthCare food safety plan.
- Train in basic culinary skills, knife skills, knowledge of ingredients, use of commercial equipment and kitchen procedures
- Assist in the creation of outstanding food experiences for your care community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for creating food that brings joy and wellbeing to those we care for.
- Commitment to completing your certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- The ability to be self-motivated and to thrive and excel under pressure
What this role will offer you:
- Incredible work/life balance – Monday to Friday
- Excellent hourly rates
- Access to the Opal HealthCare Chefs Masterclass
- Access to work with sector leading healthcare food technology systems
- A career path tailored to your future development
- National career opportunities – across 80 locations and growing!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal’s police check system and obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider. You may also be required to undergo pre-employment medical and attend a drug screen.
Please note: a current flu vaccination is required to work at Opal HealthCare and from 17 September 2021, a COVID-19 vaccination will also become a requirement of employment.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal