Closing:Closing in 22 hours
About the Program
Brighter Futures is a voluntary, targeted program for families experiencing challenges that impact on their ability to care for their children. Brighter Futures provide families with support and services to help address the struggles they are facing, and recognise that supporting families before a crisis improves family resilience, promotes healthy child development, and reduces harm to children.
About the Opportunity
This role is responsible for providing long term, culturally responsive case work to vulnerable families with children aged 0 to 9 years living on the Central Coast.
As a Case Worker your role will be to evaluate referrals, coordinate and implement therapeutic family support and provide support to parents and children. You will be working with families to ensure their homes are safe, supportive and nurturing.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families are over represented in this program and the child protection system as a whole. Appropriate cultural knowledge and understanding is important to deliver effectively in this role. This is a targeted position and applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
- Provide intake and assessment of families into the program.
- Provide support for families to set and achieve their goals through home visiting, advocacy, life skills, child development, parenting, routines, budgeting.
- Deliver evidence based parenting programs.
- Assist families to connect socially in the local community.
- Provide culturally responsive and strengths based support to families in all aspects of service provision.
What you need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications including social sciences, welfare or other areas of study relevant to the role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and families using a strengths-based approach.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principals of early intervention.
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and the ability to identify and address these issues with families when required
- Experience of working with diversity including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse families.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to identify needs, strengths and potential risks.
- Must hold a current WWCC and Drivers licence
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity, WH&S and a willingness to embrace diversity.
Please submit a cover letter addressing the following questions:
- Please outline your skills and experiences that are relevant to the Brighter Futures Caseworker role.
- What is your understanding of the issues facing vulnerable families, principles of early intervention and the relevance of children’s early years on later outcomes
Should you have any questions, please contact Soraya Kauhiva from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team
on; 0466 867 721 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications close: Thursday, 27 January 2022
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.