Location:ACT,Blue Mountains,Broken Hill and Far West NSW,Bowral and Southern Highlands,Central Coast,Coffs Harbour and North Coast,Dubbo and Central West NSW,Eastern Suburbs,Goulbourn and Southern Tablelands,Inner West,Lismore and Far North Coast,Newcastle and Hunter,North Shore and Northern Beaches,North West and Hills District,Parramatta and Western Suburbs,Port Macquarie and Mid North Coast,South West and M5 Corridor,Southern NSW,Sutherland and Southern Suburbs,Sydney CBD,Tamworth and North West NSW,Wagga Wagga and Riverina,Western NSW,Wollongong, Illawara and South Coast,New South Wales
Closing:March 12, 2022
Hello. Looking for a new kind of role in Aged Care?
We’re working through some busy challenging times in Aged Care and at Uniting we’re responding in many innovative ways. One of these is the creation of a new team of mobile aged care professionals to help us deliver the great care that we are well known for. We have called this team the Flying Squad and we are inviting Care Workers to come join us.
As one of the largest providers of aged care services in NSW & ACT, we employ thousands of wonderful carers and nurses across our residential care and community services. Being part of our mobile Uniting Flying Squad will be different to the aged care role that you may be used too.
As a Uniting Flying Squad team member, you can be deployed to any one of our Aged Care Facilities in NSW & ACT at short notice to fill emergency staffing needs. These needs may arise for various kinds of reasons including COVID-19 outbreaks. By short notice, we’re ideally talking 24 hours.
To qualify as a Uniting Flying Squad team member, you’ll need to:
- Be an experienced qualified Residential Care Service Employee, Assistant in Nursing or Home and Community Care Support Worker.
- Be available to work full time;
- Be ready and willing to be deployed to any Uniting work location in NSW or ACT for any duration;
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; and
- Meet our usual employment checks.
In return, we are offering generous benefits including:
- A Permanent offer of employment;
- An hourly rate 20% above the Uniting EA for the duration of your deployment plus shift loadings and penalties;
- An hourly rate 50% above the Uniting EA rate when deployed to a Residential facility during an actual COVID-19 outbreak (Residents) plus shift loadings and penalties;
- COVID related sick leave over and above our usual entitlements;
- Paid accommodation at your work location where required;
- Paid flights & other associated travel costs; and
- A meal allowance of $72.32 per day when required to live away from home while on deployment.
Interested? Once you have applied, you’ll then receive an invite from us to one of our special Uniting Flying Squad information sessions.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
For any questions, please contact our Talent Central team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Flying Squad” as a subject.