Location:North Shore & Northern Beaches;Ryde & Macquarie Park
Closing:February 28, 2022
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of the leading, privately owned aged care providers in Australia with 84 care communities in 4 states and employs a team of over 9,500.
About the role:
Bayview Treetops Care Community is currently looking for General Service Officers to join their hospitality/catering, cleaning and laundry.
Ware currently looking for:
- Morning GSO/Cook – Monday to Sunday – 6am to 2pm
- Afternoon GSO – Tuesday to Friday – 2pm to 7:30pm
- GSO Cleaner – Monday to Friday – 6:30am to 2:30pm
- GSO Cleaner – Saturday and Sunday – 9am to 2:30pm
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What we look for:
- Certificate in Food Safety/Hospitality/Cleaning/Commercial Cookery desirable.
- The ability to work across our cleaning, kitchen and laundry departments
- Previous experience in a commercial cleaning or a busy kitchen/ cleaning role
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- One role specifically to work in the kitchen cooking and food preparation to assist the head chef. Previous cooking experience an advantage for this role.
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters with stability of shifts
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within a growing organisation – at Opal we are passionate about growing our team from within!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal’s police check system, NDIS worker screening check, undergo pre-employment medical, flu and covid19 vaccination to align to government regulations.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal