Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:April 21, 2022
Uniting’s ‘Future Horizon’s Strategy seeks to maximise our impact by designing, piloting and providing new solutions for some of our communities most pressing challenges. Our goal is to transform unjust social structures and we see social innovation as an important means for achieving positive change. The Aboriginal Families Together is one of our key Uniting social innovation projects.
This role is a part time (3 days per week), closed period contract until 30 June 2023.
About the Role
As the Co Design Specialist for this project, you will have the opportunity to work with two of our teams in regional communities (Nambucca Heads & Dubbo) to co-design a community owned solution that will keep Aboriginal families together. You will be an integral member of the Aboriginal Families Together project team, working closely with the Project Coordinator and both field communities who have developed deep connections with the community through the provision of playgroups and family support services. Specifically you will;
- Support key stakeholders to develop a dynamic project plan to design and create a new Aboriginal Families Together program or initiative
- Oversee field sites (Nambucca Heads & Dubbo) through project plans
- Provide ongoing support, coaching and formal learning and development sessions for the two field teams
- Adapt existing co-design methods and tools to reflect more culturally appropriate ways where necessary
- Document insights, findings and learnings at each stage of the co-design; support ways of sharing and communicating these with the wider community
- Support the planning of a pilot program or initiative where it emerges from the co-design
For more information about the role please click on the position description Aboriginal Families Together Co-Design Specialist_PD.pdf
- Experience in facilitating human centred design (HCD) or participatory co-design processes
- Experience with client experience and/or co-design in the community sector or with complex clients will be highly regarded
- A strong interest and openness to adapting traditional HCD or participatory co-design for Aboriginal communities and cultural relevance.
- Strong facilitation and research experience across a broad range of projects and approaches
- Project management and stakeholder relationship management experience providing high quality project within
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing and scaling social innovations with not for profits
- This role will require flexibility to travel to Nambucca Heads & Dubbo at least once a month
- Cross cultural co-design experience
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families are represented in this program more broadly. Appropriate cultural knowledge and understanding is important to deliver effectively in this role. This is a targeted position and applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
For more information contact Tammy Pararajasingham – Head of Social impact on 0412 355 603 or email@example.com