Location:NSW, VIC & QLD
Closing:Closing in 15 hours
Community Support Worker
Support the independence of older people living at home, whilst enjoying the satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference to someone’s life!
- Guaranteed pay and hours – (maximise your take home pay with NFP salary packaging)
- Transferrable skills welcome! We’ll train you, just bring your love of caring for others
- Be supported by an onsite Workplace Trainer
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need. As one of Australia’s most innovative health and aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
About the role
Community Support Workers deliver a range of ‘At Home’ Aged Care services and mostly work independently in client homes, but with direct support from their Care Manager. Duties include:
- Assisting with personal care
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housework
- Shopping and transport to medical appointments
- Social support and community engagement
Skills & experience
- Transferrable skills in providing care and compassion to others
- Valid Driver’s Licence (essential)
- Reliable motor vehicle with minimum third party insurance (essential)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (desirable)
- We encourage Nursing, Allied Health and other students to apply!
HammondCare At Home has a relationship-based approach to care, and our team members take the time to fully understand the individual needs of every person we care for. Our team have regular clients and get to know the person and their family, so that our clients won’t feel like there is a stranger in their home.
- Career progression with opportunities to progress through to management level
- Full training is provided with local offices, local managers and a 24/7 support line
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Generous Paid Bonus Schemes i.e. Refer a Friend
- Supportive arrangements during the pandemic, including COVID-19 Special Leave if required to isolate, additional paid screening time each shift and full supply of all PPE
- Hourly rate based on experience + penalties
- Paid travel time and kilometres ($0.80), direct reimbursement of tolls/parking costs incurred at work, and a broken shift allowance.
- Paid Parental Leave
Ready to make a change? Apply Now! Please mention Explore Careers in the subject line when applying.
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment via our online systems.