Location:South West and M5 Corridor
Closing:February 10, 2022
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for a new and experienced team member with the right attitude, who has a passion to work with children, and who is committed to providing the support that children need to thrive in.
Uniting Early Learning are currently seeking a dedicated casual Educator to join their team to work at our Mawarra Outside of School Hours Center based in Elderslie. We want to continue to grow as a committed team of educators that provide a nurturing environment and quality programs that caters to the individual needs and interests of our children.
Successful candidates will be required for both morning (before school), and afternoon shifts and vacation care (during the school holidays). We are looking for someone who is flexible and available on a casual basis.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
- Certificate III in Early Learning , or enrolled and working towards a qualification in Education (desirable)
- Understanding the importance of child wellbeing
- Knowledge of Mandatory Reporting
- Current Valid Working with Children’s Check
- First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain prior to commencement
What do I need to succeed?
- Experience working with additional needs children will be highly regarded.
- Mature and able to engage in healthy and positive relationships with school-aged children with a creative mind.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine love of working with and caring for children
- Reliable and consistent in meeting rostering requirements
- Capability to work with minimal supervision
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn and grow
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
What’s in it for me?
- Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Flexible work-life balance
- Adventurous, wide-ranging outdoor environment (range of experiences)
- Joining an inclusive and supportive team of Educators
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.