Closing:February 28, 2022
Due to continued growth and demand, we currently have a number of opportunities available for both entry-level and experienced meat industry process workers to join the TFI family. We offer a day or evening roster, with a variety of employment types: full-time permanent, part-time or casual. Our roles are suitable for school and university students and those looking for a casual role over the Summer holidays.
In light of recent Agreements, we are able to consider international workers as well as local individuals; we encourage all to apply!
The roles will include:
- Packing and sorting;
- Trimming and cutting;
- Boning and slicing tasks;
- Chiller pushing;
- Floor labouring roles;
- Slaughter floor general labouring;
- Carton room labouring/operations;
- Stock receiving/movement;
- General labouring tasks;
- General warehousing tasks.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in the meat processing / agricultural industry is favoured but not essential
- Ability to perform work safely under limited supervision
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment
- Current Driver’s Licence and access to car, as public transport is not available
- Dedicated, punctual and reliable individuals.
Benefits and perks
- Permanent, ongoing opportunities in an essential service industry
- Work in a culturally diverse work environment – we have over 50 nationalities represented
- Attractive, above award pay rates
- Opportunities for working overtime
- Access to food products at a discounted rate
- On-the-job training provided
- Career progression
- Attractive 4-day work week option, with a monthly Rostered Day Off.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including alcohol & drug screening. Obtaining a Q-Fever vaccination is mandatory in our industry.
TFI encourages all potential employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide such documentation.