Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:February 20, 2022
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for a Exercise Physiologist to join our Allied Health team on a part-time basis, covering Hunter area working with client in their homes and in Social Support Groups.
Reporting directly to the Area Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the development as well as facilitating the implementation and review of the strength and balance programs in line with each client’s needs and goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting health screenings and functional re-assessments
- Facilitating, monitoring and reviewing both group and individual exercise programs
- Working with clients, their families, co-workers as well as other services so that the service we deliver is the best it can be
- A degree in Exercise Physiology
- A current Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in an Aged Care environment
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Experience with Gym supervision
- Ability to organise and conduct health screening and functional assessments
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Working knowledge of gym equipment
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organisation excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
For any questions please contact Theresa Ung Talent Acquisition Specialist E: email@example.com