Closing:April 18, 2022
Uniting Sydney South East Residential region are seeking passionate, qualified Care Service Employees to work across our facilities for our Metro Workforce Pool. To be considered for this unique opportunity, you need to be have obtained an aged care qualification, or similar, and dedicated to looking after our residents.
This role would suit a dynamic, enthusiastic individual who would like a chance to work for a leading Not for Profit organisation to gain invaluable experience and future career opportunities.
There are 15 facilities within this area and we require flexible availability.
Staff on the Metro Workforce Pool have the capacity to work up to 76 hours per fortnight across multiple facilities. Your ability to work flexible hours would be an advantage.
What we require:
- Cert III in Aged Care or equivalent qualification with medication modules i.e. Healthy Body Systems / Assist Clients With Medication Skill Set, are extremely advantageous
- Certificate IV in Aged Care or equivalent industry qualification
- Current Flu Vaccination is mandatory
What we offer:
- The capacity to work up to 76 hours per fortnight across multiple facilities
- Flexible hours
- Experience in the aged care industry with opportunities for career development
- Ongoing, current education (internal and external) relevant to the aged care industry
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing a wide range of personal care services to residents
- Supervise daily hygiene; showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes
- Assist and support residents with medication utilising medication compliance aids; simple wound dressing, etc.
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in condition of residents
- Training in kitchen and laundry duties would be advantageous to the role
Benefits and Culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.