Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:February 12, 2022
The headspace Demand Management and Enhancement funding of Uniting aims to identify existing headspace services experiencing high wait times for clinical services and funds the development and implementation of activities and initiatives to assist in reducing these wait times. The funding supports the long-term sustainability of the headspace program by improving access to services, appropriately managing demand and improving the health outcomes of young people aged 12-25 with, or at risk of mental illness accessing headspace services, and their families.
- Psychologist or Mental Health Social Worker
- Or Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist
- Attractive salary + Generous salary packaging benefits + some WFH
The Senior Intake Clinician will be responsible for overseeing intake and liaison. This includes coordination of day to day running, ensuring consistent approach and processes such as feedback to referrers/young people/families and friends and collating feedback received at intake to improve service delivery.
You will be an integral member of the Primary Care team in the headspace Penrith team.
As the Senior Clinician, your role will include but is not limited to:
- Promote the principles of early intervention, including establishing links with stakeholders and maintaining/strengthening these links
- Maintain and promote an awareness of young people’s primary health issues in the community e.g. GP’s, Service Providers
- Provide thorough assessment and care planning at intake and liaison
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mental Health Nursing, Psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- Registration or eligibility of respective professional body
- Have extensive experience (1-2 year minimum) providing primary mental health intervention, with conducting assessment and providing evidence-based treatment and case management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships, ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with team members, other professionals and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to independently apply professional knowledge and judgment on routine matters.
- Able to work autonomously or with professional supervision from more senior members of the profession or health team when performing novel, complex, or critical tasks
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the mental health needs of young people (12-25 years) and their families.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Enquiries to Talent Acquisition Specialist Rose Rivera on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0438 206 164. Ref 497562