Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:February 11, 2022
headspace Early Psychosis program is divided into 3 areas – Functional Recovery Team (FRT), Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (MATT) and Continuing Care Team.
headspace Early Psychosis is an early intervention service for young people aged 12 to 25 years, that runs alongside headspace. The service provides long term case management and therapeutic intervention (up to 5 years) to young people who are experiencing a first episode of psychosis or shorter term (6 months) to those who are at risk of experiencing psychosis. Psychosis involves the experience of symptoms such as, confused thinking, false beliefs (delusions), hallucinations, changes in mood – such as ongoing depression and changed behaviours, such as irrational anger.
- Occupational Therapist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Registered Nurse
- Full time until 30 June 2022 – with likely extension
- Attractive rates + Generous salary packaging benefits
The Clinician role is an integral part of the multidisciplinary team. The role involves the provision of comprehensive, evidence-based functional recovery and psychological interventions to young people accessing the service.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work as a part of the multidisciplinary team to ensure timely access for young people and families
- Provide comprehensive early intervention and care co-ordination to young people to assist them in achieving the goals and actions outlined in their care/management plan.
- To participate in clinical review and supervision, ensuring service standards are met.
- Follow best practice guidelines relevant to the model of care
- Ensure high quality of service delivery, commitment to ethics, and values by working within the principles of Best Practice in Mental Health Service delivery.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant Allied Health discipline (Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Psychologist, Registered Nurse) with membership with AHPRA or Eligibility for registration with AASW.
- Experience in the provision of evidence-based functional recovery and psychological interventions for young people aged 12-25 years experiencing First Episode of Psychosis and/or who are Ultra High Risk of developing Psychosis.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment within a stress-vulnerability and recovery framework for young people.
- Demonstrated a commitment to continuing professional development and may have to contribute to workplace education
- Ability to maintain the philosophy, standards, and policies of the EPPIC model and the organisation and to promote the recovery of young people
- Current NSW Driver’s License
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Enquiries to Rose Rivera, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0438 206 164 or email@example.com . Reference 495224