Location:Wollongong, Illawara and South Coast
Closing:February 11, 2022
The “Continuing to be Me” (C2bMe) program is a comprehensive in reach person centred model of care designed to enable residents living within aged care facilities with mental illness to access mental health services like those available in the community. C2bMe offers low and medium intensity interventions through therapeutic groups & individual clinical care led by skilled allied health professionals and supported by RACF staff.
- Mental Health Social Worker or Psychologist
- Or Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist
- Generous salary packaging benefits + some WFH
This role is responsible for independent provision of comprehensive, evidence-based clinical care coordination, psychological and psychosocial interventions consistent with the model of care. The Senior Clinician will be responsible for individual and group-based therapy. They will support consumers in their psychosocial recovery aiming to optimise functioning of RACF residents to continue living with dignity. They also help develop and facilitate MH and capacity building training to Care Staff.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provision of clinical services to RACF residents alongside RACF staff, which may include intake and liaison, assessment, engagement, psychoeducation, and delivery of group or individual therapeutic interventions.
- Provide evidence-based psychological and psychosocial interventions tailored to meet the individual needs of the consumer within a Recovery Framework.
- Provision of mental health assessments, including completion of mental state examination, risk assessment, case formulations, individual treatment plans
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Registered Nursing, or
Occupational Therapy including current registration or eligibility to register with respective professional body.
• Minimum 3 -5 years demonstrated and extensive assessment (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health field. Ideally with experience working with
consumers experiencing mental health concerns
• Demonstrated ability to independently apply professional knowledge and judgment when performing novel, complex, or critical tasks specific to the discipline
• Demonstrated experience and a good understanding of working with older persons, and in supporting older people’s mental wellbeing
• Demonstrated skills in decision making, problem solving, negotiation and crisis- management.
• Experience delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for older persons
• An understanding of recovery model principles and ability to implement these in clinical practice
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and deliver individualized psychological interventions to meet the needs of consumers based on a case formulation approach
• Ability to use relevant information technology, electronic recording systems and data management tools
• Experience in collaborative partnerships residential aged care services
• Experience working with specific populations of elderly people (e.g. Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander populations, CALD)
• Previous experience in delivering therapeutic interventions for elderly people 65+ years and 50+ for Aboriginal Elders
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Enquiries to Talent Acquisition Specialist Rose Rivera on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0438 206 164. Ref 497749