Location:North Shore and Northern Beaches
Closing:February 12, 2022
Youth Enhanced Support Services (YESS) of Uniting is an early intervention mental health outreach service for 12 – 25-year-olds who have, or are at risk of developing, a serious mental illness.
YESS services provide early intervention and wrap-around mental health services to young people with the aim of minimising the impact and distress caused by the experience of early onset severe or complex mental health conditions to young people and their families.
- Psychologist or Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist or Social worker. Locn – Flexible
- Work with Psychiatrist, Allied health, Peer workers. FT or 4 day/wk to Jun 2022 +possible extension
- Attractive salary + Generous salary packaging benefits + some WFH + Prof development
- Join an experienced clinical leadership team / programs with strong clinical governance
The Service Manager will provide leadership and line management for staff within their team. This role will work closely with the relevant Operations Manager to ensure effective delivery of services according to their specific models of care and ensure team resources are managed well. Alongside with another PT Service Manager, you will be managing 4 teams across Northern Sydney, Western Sydney, South Western Sydney, and Nepean Blue Mountains . Hence Flexibility in your base location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Manage the day to day operations of the program to meet funding body KPIs, Organisational strategic goals and policy requirements whilst supporting the Operations Manager
2) Lead the ongoing development and implementation of the model of care specific for their team to ensure timely, high quality, and accessible services are provided
3) Maintain high quality clinical skills through involvement in direct service delivery according to program need
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker), and full membership with AHPRA or the appropriate professional body.
- Minimum 5 years of clinical expertise and 3 years of clinical leadership experience
- Proven expertise in the application of evidence based clinical practice within the mental health field in both a case management and therapeutic role
- Demonstrated experience and skill in the coordination of individualised psychosocial interventions to meet the needs of young people and/or consumers presenting with a variety of mental health concerns based on a case formulation approach
- Demonstrated ability to exercise high level of professional judgement and knowledge when performing a range of novel, complex and critical tasks, specific to their discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to allocate resources, set priorities and ensure budgets are met within the services to deliver strategic outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to develop/implement and deliver strategic business plans which increase the level of care to customers within a budget framework as required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead and manage multiple clinical teams and provide appropriate feedback, performance management, and adhere to all staff recruitment procedures
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007) and the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act (1998), and other relevant legislation
- Ability to maintain the relevant philosophy, standards and policies of the applicable models across various clinical programs to promote the recovery of consumers.
- Current Driver’s Licence
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
Uniting Staff Benefits:
• Generous salary packaging options
• Paid parental leave
• Relocation expenses
• Learning & development opportunities
• My wellbeing programs
• Corporate discounts
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Enquiries to Talent Acquisition Specialist – 0438 206 164 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Ref 497676