Closing:Closing in 19 hours
Location: Melbourne | CBD
Job type: Full time / 3 years
Organisation: Department of Transport
Salary: $70,791 – $85,956
Exciting opportunity to commence your career journey with The Department of Transport. The Department’s tailored program runs for 3 years and provides you with incredible learning & development opportunities and support during the first 2 years, as well as the chance to progress into an Emerging Professional program in third year. Upon completion of the Graduate Program, our graduates are given priority access to roles within The Department. Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to join a progressive and supportive program.
About the Department of Transport
The Department of Transport (DoT) brings together all transport modes to design, plan, build and operate Victoria’s transport system. Our job is to further integrate the transport network and improve the delivery of services to Victorians for simpler, quicker, and safer journeys that connect people and places and support Victoria’s prosperity and liveability.
We’re focused on outcomes that deliver more choice, connections, and confidence in our travel, ensuring the whole transport network works as one to deliver better services and outcomes.
The department is committed to building a culture where we say ‘yes’ to flexible work arrangements, provide personal and professional development programs and support ways of working that help employees balance work and life.
The department is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including veterans, people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, have a disability, are from varied cultural backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTI.
The department provides workplace adjustments for applicants with disabilities.
DoT STEM Graduate Program
Launching the first year of DoT’s inhouse graduate program focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
With Victoria’s transport and road infrastructure currently expanding, we are looking for the best graduates to keep Victoria’s networks growing and developing.
Our STEM Graduate Program is a 3-year development program consisting of three 12-month rotations across your discipline. This will be the inaugural year of the redesigned program with every graduate’s experience and pathway is tailored to the stream.
The first two years as a graduate you will receive tailored learning and development, mentoring and exposure days across the Victorian transport network. In the third year of the program, our graduates enter their ‘emerging professional’ year and complete an accreditation.
Graduates will undergo a regional rotation to gain valuable hands on experience in a booming area of our business.
What our program offers
- VPS 3 salary ($70,791 – $78,375) – level dependent on qualification
- 3-year fixed term employment – with priority and support for graduates to secure opportunities post the graduate program
- Professional development focusing on business, technical and leadership skills
- Regional (or metro for regional grads) based rotation – Relocation and living allowance provided
- Structured senior executive mentorship
- Opportunities across the Victorian Public Service with priority job access
- Flexible working arrangements and conditions under the VPS
To be considered for this program, you must have completed your undergraduate or postgraduate studies in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics based discipline prior to commencement of the program and within the past 3 years.
For 2022, we are recruiting for roles in the following streams:
- Civil Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental science
- Information technology
- Computer engineering
We are looking for people who have:
- Keen attitude and willingness to learn and participate in professional development opportunities
- Ability to learn and solve problems whilst acquiring knowledge and understanding critical business processes
- Commitment to ensuring a safe working environment, workplace, and community
- Ability to work and collaborate within a team environment
- Customer focused with an enthusiastic and proactive approach to serving the community
You need full unrestricted working rights for the full three years that you will be part of the program.
Our cultural values
Act with Integrity, Care about our impact, Take accountability, Respect each other, Empower our people
Strategy, objectives, and values are the foundational pillars of an organisation. Create by our people, our Cultural Values have been designed to reflect our reality and enable us to deliver our unique mission.
We invite you to join us and live by our values. Your voice can shape the organisation. Your actions can get us to our goals. Together, we all make this a great place to work!
Recruitment Process (subject to change)
To apply, click ‘apply now’ to be taken to our recruitment platform where you will be required to submit a copy of your most up to date resume and respond to our key selection criteria questions. Our questions are a critical part of your application. Please note a cover letter is not required.
- Applications close- 30 May 2021
- Invitations to cognitive testing- early June 2021
- Invitation to video Interviews- early July 2021
- Assessment Centre late July 2021
- Communication of outcome by August – September 2021
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have specific queries or require reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process.