Location:Wollongong, Illawara and South Coast
Closing:February 11, 2022
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
About the Role:
We currently have multiple opportunities for permanent part time support worker positions within our Illawarra Home and Community care team providing home-based care and is responsible for providing health, wellness, recreational activities and support.
As a Support worker will care for our elderly clients and provide quality tailored care services in a professional and compassionate manner, supporting them to remain in their own home.
This role is for a minimum of 40 hours per fortnight.
- Help at around the home: Assisting with housekeeping, grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Personal Care: showering, toileting and grooming
- Transport: Getting to appointments or going on shopping trips
- Social and wellbeing: Encourage social connectedness through conversation, outings and Healthy Living for Seniors activities
To be successful in this role you will require:
- A current Drivers Licence
- A reliable car with comprehensive insurance
- Current first aid certificate or willing to obtain
- Relevant aged care or individual support qualification
- Our service runs 7am-7pm, Monday to Sunday, flexibility to work across these days and hours will be an advantage
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks
Benefits & Culture
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
For any questions, please contact Theresa Ung, Talent Acquisition Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org.