Location:Blue Mountains,Dubbo and Central West NSW
Closing:February 9, 2022
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Due to current and projected growth, we currently have an opportunity for a permanent full-time support worker position, based on your availability and flexibility.
Joining our Home and Community Care team in the Central West region, specifically Lithgow, you will be providing services that run from 7am-7pm, Monday to Sunday.
While Support Workers need to be patient, empathetic, passionate about the care provided often it is more important to be able to solve problems and face challenges together with your clients.
With a focus on supporting our clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible, duties and responsibilities can include:
- Help at around the home: Assisting with housekeeping, grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Personal Care: Help with showering and getting dressed
- Transport: Getting to appointments or going on shopping trips
- Social and wellbeing: Encourage social connectedness through conversation, outings and Healthy Living for Seniors activities
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Qualifications and experience:
- Ideally similar experience providing client centered care
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
- Driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Certificate III/IV in Aged Care or Individual Support or equivalent qualifications, essential
- Completed the medication assist/administration module or certificate, preferred
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
For any questions, please contact Abigail Corpuz, Talent Acquisition Specialist on email@example.com.