Location:Eastern Suburbs,Inner West,Sydney CBD
Closing:February 12, 2022
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Due to current and projected growth, we currently have multiple opportunities for permanent support worker positions.
Joining our Home and Community Care team, you’ll be working across the Inner-West, South East Sydney, and CBD; A willingness to travel is essential to this role. Services with Uniting clients are usually between 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday. We also have some opportunities for weekend work depending on your availability and location.
With a focus on supporting our clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible, duties and responsibilities can include:
• Help around the home: Assisting with housekeeping, grocery shopping and meal preparation
• Personal Care: Help with showering and getting dressed
• Transport: Getting to appointments or going on shopping trips
• Social and wellbeing: Encourage social connectedness through conversation, outings and Healthy Living for Seniors activities
Support workers travel within the community, so it’s important that you’re comfortable working with limited supervision. If you’ve got a passion for aged care and great at problem solving to deliver quality support based on our clients preferences with patience and empathy then we’d welcome your application to this role.
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
• Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
• Hands-on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
• Tax-free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
• Tax-free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
It’s essential for this role that you:
• Are willing to travel for work every day (Essential)
• Hold a First Aid certificate or are willing to obtain (Essential)
• Have a driver’s license (Essential)
It would be of benefit if you:
• Have access to a comprehensively insured vehicle (Desirable)
• Are able to speak another language, especially Arabic, Turkish, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Korean (Desirable)
• Have experience providing client-centred care (Desirable)
• Hold a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care, Disability, Individual Support or equivalent qualifications (Desirable)
Click to apply now, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.