War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The physiotherapist’s role is to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality physiotherapy care to clients of War Memorial Hospital, consistent with South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) and Uniting policies, procedures and standards.
This position is an integral part of a small team of physiotherapists, who work with a multidisciplinary team. This position provides rehabilitation across a variety of settings including outpatients, aquatic physiotherapy and the integrated Rehabilitation and Enablement program (iREAP).
This position is a part time fixed term contract role for 2 days per week from February 2022 – 30 June 2023. There is a possibility of extension to June 2024, contingent upon output targets being met.
1. Degree or Post-Graduate Qualification in Physiotherapy and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
2. Experience working as a physiotherapist in aged care and/or rehabilitation
3. Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive client centred assessment, outlining clinical reasoning, and care plan development in consultation with the client, carer and multidisciplinary team
4. Demonstrated ability to provide safe and effective therapeutic interventions in both individual and group modes which maximise improvements in clients’ functional abilities
5. Proven high level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively engage with patients/clients and the MDT to enhance service delivery
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience
7. Computer skills and the capacity to use health information systems
8. Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status at interview.
Enquiries to: Jill Hall, Physiotherapy Manager – 02 9369 0226 – email@example.com
Position Description: PD_Physiotherapist 1-2_Fixed Term PT_Jan 2022.pdf
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Nov 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 23rd January 2022
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.