Location:New South Wales
Closing:February 13, 2022
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The primary purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality patient-centred Social Work care to patients of War Memorial Hospital (WMH), consistent with Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), Uniting, NSW Health and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards. The incumbent will provide in-depth clinical expertise and extensive specialised knowledge within Social Work for older people in the community.
This senior position sits within the WMH Social Work Department and works across the suite of outpatient, community (Geriatric Flying Squad) and inpatient services as determined by the Social Work Manager. They will engage in leadership activities and proactively identify and work towards, quality improvement activities within the department.
This position is a permanent part time role with preferred days of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
1. Minimum of 3 years Social Work experience with older people and understanding of the individual and societal issues associated with ageing.
2. Excellent negotiation, decision-making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels
3. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively engage with patients to enhance service delivery
4.Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply advanced reasoning and independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel, complex or critical nature
5. Ability to provide in-depth advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence, with the capacity to provide clinical supervision to others.
6. Demonstrated ability and commitment to initiate and lead quality and service improvement initiatives with other staff and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
7. Qualifications in accordance with the WMH Health Professionals Agreement, and eligibility for registration with the Australian Association Of Social Workers
8. Current NSW Drivers’ licence Class C
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 30 September 2021 and two doses by 30 November 2021 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status at interview.
Enquiries to: Fabiola Rafael – Social Work Manager – Ph. 02 9369 0143 –
Position Description: PD_Social Worker Level 3_PPT 24hpw_Jan 2022 (1).pdf
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Nov 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday,13th February 2022
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.