At Lion, we have a rich culture where our people can be the best they can be, really make a difference and have a great time doing it.
Ours is a culture of going beyond – constantly pushing the boundaries to innovate, enter new markets and do things differently with a relentless focus on our customers, consumers, communities and environment. When you join Lion, you’ll join a team of diverse and talented individuals who are passionate about their craft and working towards a shared purpose: to champion sociability and help people to live well.
Our global team of 5,000+ people work across a variety of beverage categories including beer, wine, spirits, coffee and kombucha and our portfolio includes iconic brands like Tooheys, XXXX, Speights and Wither Hills; craft beer brands like Little Creatures, James Squire and Furphy; and other exciting partners like Four Pillars Gin, Havana Coffee and Remedy Kombucha.
A diverse career path
At Lion, we do everything from “land to hand”, including manufacturing, distribution, sales and marketing of our products – making Lion an exciting and complex business with a wide range of career paths. Whether you want to work in one of our breweries, in a sales role partnering our customers or a business support role in one of our offices, we invest heavily in our people’s wellbeing and their development.
Life at Lion
Our purpose and culture
Our core purpose at Lion is to ‘enrich our world every day by championing sociability and helping people to live well’. To achieve this our culture is one based on achievement, growth and sociability. It takes courage to make things happen. To do this, we’re empowered to act fast and make the right decision. Making it happen isn’t possible on our own. It takes all of us working together to introduce new ideas and perspectives to impact our customers in meaningful ways.
At Lion, our culture is all about going beyond. We are motivated to go beyond for our people, customers, consumers and communities through our core purpose to bring people together to be sociable and live well.
Going beyond means our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and push boundaries, seeking out new ideas and ways to do things differently.
We constantly challenge ourselves to do better, move faster and think bigger. And we have fun doing it.
The way we achieve success is as important as the accomplishment itself and that’s why we hold ourselves to higher standards of agility, experimentation and creativity. Our people are highly engaged and genuinely believe in Lion’s business vision and values.
To us, sociability is our reason to come to work every day and by living up to our core purpose, we will ensure Lion continues to be a sustainable and trusted business that delivers for all our stakeholders.
Flexibility and wellbeing
We’re proud of our diverse workforce, acknowledging our people for the unique individuals they are. When it comes to flexibility, we understand that one size doesn’t fit all. Our flexible working program, LionFlex enables us to work in ways that support our lifestyle to help us balance our career with the other important things in life. With four different types of flexibility, we’re confident we can work together in a way that suits you.
Equality at Lion
At Lion, we welcome difference and stand for fairness
Everyone joins Lion with different backgrounds and experiences, and we strive to create an environment where everyone feels they belong and one where they can thrive. Inclusion and diversity are embedded in our very culture and strategy and you can really see it come to life through:
- The Pride@Lion team: a diverse and dedicated employee lead group with events and the ecapability to help drive visibility and equality for our LGBTQI community.
- Our commitment to reconciliation: we believe in creating equality for ALL Australians. You can read more about our reconciliation journey and our RAP here.
- Gender Diversity targets: Not only have we committed to having a 50:50 gender balance at Lion, but we’ve also gone even further by setting a 2030 target of having gender diversity across all teams.
- Equal Pay: Lion closed our gender pay gap like for like roles in 2016 and continue to work actively to keep it closed, just one of many commitments that have as earned us the WGEA citation as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the 3rd year in a row.
- Respect at Lion Program: a world-class learning program that sets clear expectations for all our people and leaders of their role in building and maintaining a culture of inclusion.
- Families at Lion Policy: a market-leading policy that provides equal access leave to both parents regardless of their caring role.
- Collective Flex: our flexible work framework for both individuals and teams built to enable balance, sociability, connection and collaboration providing you the flexibility of place, schedule, work and leave.
When you consider working at Lion, we won’t be asking whether you are a “culture fit,” instead we’ll be asking what you can bring and add to our culture!
We’ve created a place where you can really be yourself. For us it’s not only about the visible differences such as gender, age and cultural background. Our people bring with them different experiences, skills and perspectives. It’s that diversity of thought that challenges our thinking, sparks breakthrough ideas and new ways of working.
We are about the right people for the right roles and ensuring women that are a part of the Lion team have the encouragement and support to be their best. We have a great range of initiatives in place like our Women at Lion and Women in Drinks mentoring programs, along with policies such as LionFlex and Families at Lion recently introducing domestic violence support. We are committed to being accountable for gender equality and pay equity and that is why we report to our people and communities about our progress.
What we do
At Lion, we really value graduates and interns and have recognised that a one size fits all program wasn’t the right approach for Lion or our graduates! So we have created multiple graduate programs to suit our business and your needs. We partner with universities across Australia and New Zealand to bring these to life.
How we operate
We have various programs across the business which run at different times including:
- Functional graduate programs: Finance and Supply Chain run their own separate grad intakes every year. These are for rotational programs within the specific function you would join.
- Cross-functional programs: Rotational programs across a mix of functions, offering you a broader understanding of our business
- Entry Level Graduate Roles: Specific roles within our business are offered at the graduate level. No rotations included.
- Internship programs: Functional internships offering undergraduates working experience within our business.
These opportunities are posted to our “Job Openings” page as they come up. Interested candidates can also sign up for alerts on these via our talent community here.
There are currently no jobs available
Unfortunately there are currently no positions available at Lion, please check back soon.