At Uniting, we are offering paid Trainee-ships across Bundjalung country.
These are Aboriginal targeted positions that lead to permanent employment, located in Goonellabah.
In the trainee-ship you will gain both a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) qualification as well as valuable hands on experience as a Care Service Employee in Residential Aged Care.
What is a Care Service Employee?
Care Service Employees assist in care services that enhance our residents’ social and emotional well-being and enrich our resident’s quality of life.
While Care Service Employees need to be patient, empathetic, passionate about the care provided often it is equally important to be able to solve problems and face challenges together with our clients.
- Assisting clients with daily tasks such as showering, shaving, dressing and eating
- Supporting their mobility through the use of hoists, wheelchairs and other equipment
- Ensuring social needs of clients are met by helping them to engage with recreational and leisure activities.
How do our Trainee-ships work?
As a paid member of our care team you will learn valuable skills on the job in your capacity as a Care Service Employee.
There will be regular classes approximately every 3 weeks to attend as you work your way through the Certificate III in Individual Support curriculum. In periods of restrictions can be classes deliver online.
You will be supported every step of the way by our qualified trainers, and on the job, you will learn from our experienced staff. On successful completion you will be awarded your nationally recognised qualification and be ready for a career as a Care Service Employee with Uniting.
Base hourly rate is $23.22 per hour with additional relevant penalties paid on the top and not for profit salary packaging options.
- Availability to work a variety of shifts across the week
- Be over the age of 18 when commencing the trainee-ship
- No current qualifications in Aged Care or related fields
- Flu and Covid vaccination required for work in Aged Care
Applications close by the end of September with an Information interview day to be held in October 2021.