Location:North West and Hills District
Closing:November 5, 2021
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We currently have multiple opportunities for permanent part time support workers to join our Home and Community Care team in The Wisemans Ferry region (Wisemans Ferry, Gunderman, Lower MacDonald to Maraylya, Pitt Town, Sackville North and surrounds).
With a focus on supporting our clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible, duties and responsibilities can include:
- Help at home: housekeeping, grocery shopping or meal preparation
- Personal Care: personal hygiene, toileting, showering, dressing, help at mealtime or medication administration
- Transport: appointments or shopping trips
- Social and wellbeing: accompany clients on outings or assist with our Healthy Living for Seniors activities
Qualifications and experience:
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual equivalent (essential)
- Current First Aid certificate
- Driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Hands on training, development and mentoring in a leading provider
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Not for profit salary packaging entitlements
- Paid travel time and reimbursement of kilometres
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks