Location:South West and M5 Corridor
About the Role
This is part time position until June 2022, 3 days per week.
As a Brighter Futures Aboriginal Early Childhood Facilitator you will provide a range of services to families with young children who are at risk of further escalation within the Child Protection system.
The services you deliver will include evidence-based parenting programs, supported playgroups and children’s access and enrolment in Quality Children’s Services. Your role will include home visiting and centre based activities. Brighter Futures is a voluntary program that covers Macarthur, Wingecarribee and Wollondilly and will involve travel within this area.
- Aboriginality and proven ability to be accepted by Aboriginal families and communities in the development and delivery of culturally sensitive interventions to families and children
- Tertiary Early Childhood qualifications (minimum diploma level)
- Demonstrated experience working with and understanding of children with special needs, from birth to eight years, in terms of screening, assessment, planning and implementing relevant programs, behaviour management strategies, and appropriate referral to other community services.
- Current drivers licence
- Current Working With Children Check
- At least three years working experience in early childhood services.
- Understanding of the challenges experienced by families experiencing disadvantage
- Broad knowledge of Early Education Services, Allied Health and Community services in South West Sydney.
- First aid certificate.
- Fluency in a community language and/or strong connections to diverse culture(s).
- Worked in Early Childhood Education
- Experience facilitating and planning playgroups
- A demonstrated passion for social change and contributing to an organization of influence for the most disadvantaged
Further to this we offer:
- Competitive salary packaging options
- Vibrant team culture working alongside like-minded individuals
- Chance to assist in delivering significant organisational change
- Work within an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients
Please contact Soraya Kauhiva should you have any questions on; 0466 867 721 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
Should you have any questions, please contact Soraya Kauhiva from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on; 0466 867 721 / email@example.com for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.