At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
Our Care Assistant are the heartbeat of the Uniting team, and live and breathe inspired care. The role is central to the delivery of our person-centred approach, based on agreed individual care plans that enhance the physical and social wellbeing of our clients. Our Care Assistant go beyond basic assistance with hospitality activities, to work collaboratively with clients and their families to provide opportunities for social connection and build community.
We are looking for individuals who align with our company values of Imagination, Bold, Respectful, Compassionate and can demonstrate these on a part time permanent basis (25 hours per fortnight).
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate 2 in Hospitality, Aged Care or working towards
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care service industries
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working with a team and confident making decisions
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Confident using electronic communication tools, including documentation systems, email and mobile phones
- Great organisation and time management skills
Uniting is a proud EEO employer and supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices.