At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Care Coach – Cert IV Aged Care to join Uniting Salamander Bay, NSW, for a part time closed period contract till 30/6/2021.
Our care coaches are core to the Uniting team, and live and breathe Inspired Care. This role is central to the delivery of our person-centred care approach. Care coaches work alongside of care staff to ensure care is delivered at a high standard by skilled staff. Once settled, they actively seek out education opportunities to engage and build capacity amongst the whole care team.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Maintain a high standard of conduct and work performance based on Uniting’s values to promote our reputation with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure integration and collaboration across Uniting programs to deliver seamless and impactful end to end services with the customer at the centre
- Actively engage and participate in the performance management framework and review processes at Uniting
- Act in a manner which role models, upholds and positively reflects the Uniting values, Code of Conduct and Ethical Behaviour
- Certificate 4 In Aged Care or equivalent with demonstrated care experience
- Current First Aid Certificate (preferable)
Typically, this role will require 2 or more years’ experience in care. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be organised, systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined. You will be continuing to develop in your area of expertise and be expected to provide innovative ideas to solve problems in your discipline. It is expected that you will possess good skills at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
For Further Information Contact: Penny Van Raalte on (02) 4916 0888
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.