At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
Our Care Coaches are core to the Uniting team, and live and breathe Inspired Care. This role is central to the delivery of our person-centred care approach. Care coaches work alongside of care staff to ensure care is delivered at a high standard by skilled staff. Once settled, they actively seek out education opportunities to engage and build capacity amongst the whole care team.
We are looking for individuals who align with our company values of Imagination, Bold, Respectful, Compassionate and can demonstrate these on a daily basis with the ability to work 40 hours per fortnight on a fixed term contract.
Qualifications and Experience
- (Desirable) Certificate 4 In Aged Care or equivalent with demonstrated care experience; Medication module – Provide Physical Assistance with Medication, or equivalent and relevant to the field of work.
- Two or more years’ experience in care.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be organised, systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined.
- You will be continuing to develop in your area of expertise and be expected to provide innovative ideas to solve problems in your discipline.
- It is expected that you will possess good skills at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required.
- Good understanding of the Aged Care legislation and standards
- Good understanding of key aged care policies
Uniting is a proud EEO employer and supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices.