Location:Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
Closing:November 6, 2021
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
This is aged care but not as you know it! Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 7 homes across four states and employing a team of over 8,500 nationally. We are transforming our culture and our customer experience, and growing our Opal communities with 10 new care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About the role:
- Care Coordinator based at Carine Parkside Care Community – 145 bed home.
- Permanent Full-time role working Monday to Friday supporting ACFI & Education.
- Effective leadership and development of the care teams within the home under direction of the Care Manager
- Responsible for the education and training of new and current team members.
- Evaluating quality care performance data, clinical documentation, work practices and resources so that compliance is achieved or exceeded
- Ensuring personalised care is provided to residents and that care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed on a regular basis
- Developing capability and currency of clinical practice in relation to medication management, wound care, continence management, palliative care & dementia care
- Overseeing the ACFI process.
- AHPRA Nursing Registration & extensive experience within Aged Care
- Alignment to the Opal Values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence
- Background as an RN Educator highly regarded.
- An in depth knowledge of the Aged Care standards and how they translate to everyday practice
- A passion to improve clinical care through coaching and team development
What Opal can offer you?
- Full scholarship on offer for WSU Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma in Aged Care Management Program
- Internal programs for emerging leaders aimed at developing and strengthening leadership capability
- Partnerships with Laureate International Universities and WSU with regard to post graduate development
- A brand new state-of-the-art home with the highest quality equipment and systems
- Family friendly rosters with stability of shifts to encourage work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal’s police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
Also, in accordance with government regulations, all successful applicants who are working in aged care must obtain a flu & Covid-19 vaccination.
From 1st February 2021, you are required to obtain an NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://careers.opalagedcare.com.au/en/listing/