Location:ACT,Blue Mountains,Broken Hill and Far West NSW,Bowral and Southern Highlands,Central Coast,Coffs Harbour and North Coast,Dubbo and Central West NSW,Eastern Suburbs,Goulbourn and Southern Tablelands,Inner West,Lismore and Far North Coast,Newcastle and Hunter,North Shore and Northern Beaches,North West and Hills District,Parramatta and Western Suburbs,Port Macquarie and Mid North Coast,South West and M5 Corridor,Southern NSW,Sutherland and Southern Suburbs,Sydney CBD,Tamworth and North West NSW,Wagga Wagga and Riverina,Western NSW,Wollongong, Illawara and South Coast,New South Wales
Closing:November 6, 2021
About the opportunity
- Residential service across Goonellabah and Yamba (Jarman, Kalina, Marima, Caroona)
- Permanent Part Time (negotiable up to full time hours)
- Competitive hourly rates with Salary Packaging
- Ongoing training & Career development
- Opportunities for relocation as we have services around NSW
At Uniting we take action every day to change people’s lives. Together we can inspire more for greater change in your local community and how we care for our aging family members.
Join our household at Uniting. We have opportunities for Care Workers across 2 sites in either Goonellabah or Yamba.
As a Care Worker you’ll work in supporting our residents to live fulfilling lives. We collaboratively provide care services that enhances our residents’ well-being. We are inclusive and promote quality physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing in our residences. Your role will harness self-determination, capacity and personal resilience.
You’ll be proud of the difference you will make and the contribution you have on improving social engagement and the quality of life to the people we serve in their later years.
Your key responsibilities:
- Providing a wide range of personal and social care services to residents
- Supervise daily hygiene – showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes
- Assist and support residents with medication, utilizing medication compliance aids, simple wound dressing, etc.
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in the condition of our residents
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. We support an inclusive approach in the workplace.
We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- You have completed Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent qualification (or have relevant experience in Aged care industry)
- You have up to date Influenza and Covid vaccination
More About us and our Services
You’ll love our Residential Aged Care facilities offering a full range of services for older people: from senior’s gyms to physical, emotional and social wellbeing programs; to in-home care and assisted living services: to independent living in retirement villages; to respite care and residential aged care.
We’ve been pioneering a form of person-centred care that is more home-like, giving our residents the power to shape their life in meaningful ways. We call it Household Living, it brings to life our care principles of safety, comfort, normality, meaning and purpose, for residents to live well, with dignity and respect.
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Come join our household, Apply Now!
For Further Information Contact:
Susan Clark on (02) 6698 5685 – Goonellabah
Debra Smith on (02) 6646 3211 – Yamba
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.