Location:Tamworth and North West NSW,New South Wales
Closing:November 4, 2021
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Care Service Employees to work at Uniting Facility in Tumut on a casual/part time basis. To work collaboratively to assist in the provision of care services that enhances the residents’ well-being and is inclusive of their physical, psychological, social and spiritual qualities, to facilitate self-determination, capacity and resilience, as well as improve social engagement and quality of life for the resident.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing a wide range of personal care services to residents
- Supervise daily hygiene – showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes
- Assist and support residents with medication, utilising medication compliance aids, simple wound dressing, etc.
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in condition of residents.
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent qualification /or working towards cert111
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certified in Medication Administration
- Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAP301B)
- Assist with medications
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Availability to work all shifts, including night shifts
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as the confidence to work independently
- Great organisation and time management skills
- At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
- Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve.
- As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
To Apply Now
All applications can be submitted directly on Uniting Careers. Simply click Begin to submit an application.
For all other current vacancies please visit our careers page https://unitingcareers.nga.net.au
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.