About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Aboriginal Care Service Employees to work at Uniting Facility in Tumut located on the traditional lands of the Yuin people on a casual/part time basis.
Your part is to assist in care services that improves our residents’ social and emotional wellbeing and quality of life for our residents.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing a wide range of personal care services to our residents
- Supervise daily hygiene – showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes
- Assist and support residents with medication, utilising medication compliance aids, simple wound dressing, etc.
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in condition of our residents.
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent qualification /or working towards Certificate III
- Current First Aid Certificate
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Availability to work all shifts, including night shifts
- Ability to work within a team as well as the confidence to work independently
- Organisation and time management skills
- As a paid member of our care team you will learn valuable skills on the job in your capacity as a Care Service Employee.
- We are an Aboriginal family friendly employer
- At Uniting we offer plenty of flexibility for our staff to attend cultural events such as attending NAIDOC events and appreciate your commitments to Aboriginal community responsibilities.
- We offer cultural leave
- We employ over 300 Aboriginal staff who are embedding a cultural change along with cultural safety across all areas of Uniting.
- A chance to join Uniting’s NGUMBADAL Aboriginal staff network
- Participate in Aboriginal Staff Yarn-Ups where your voice is heard and respected
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
To Apply Now
All applications can be submitted directly on Uniting Careers. Simply click Begin to submit an application.
For all other current vacancies please visit our careers page https://unitingcareers.nga.net.au
For Further Information Contact: Kiley Mcarther at email@example.com
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.