Location:Southern NSW - Wagga Wagga and Riverina
Closing:February 29, 2024
- Up to $30.86 p/h + super, penalties, maximum allowable NFP tax benefits
- Great opportunities for qualified and unqualified carers
- Permanent part-time with flexible hours to suit you
What you’ll be doing in this role
- You’ll provide care, companionship and emotional support to residents living in our aged care home, to help support their independence and improve their quality of life
- Providing daily living assistance such as showering, personal hygiene, dressing, help at mealtimes and with general mobility
- Assisting with medication and simple wound dressings and
- Supporting residents in community-based recreational and social activities.
What we offer you
- Maximum allowable salary packaging to pay less tax (additional $18,550 tax-free plus regional benefits plus parking)
- A range of shifts to suit your lifestyle
- A commitment to offer opportunities to grow your career
- Discounts and cash backs programs with major retailers
- Wellbeing programs including confidential employee assistance program available to you and your family members
Click here to find out more about our great benefits: Benefits of working at Uniting
Who we’re looking for
- Ideally, you’ll have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care or Individual Support or an equivalent qualification. If you’re not currently qualified and would like to be, then we can help you get there.
- You’ll have previous experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin your career in aged care if you’re studying or have recently become qualified.
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic and resourceful, and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
How to Apply
- If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
- Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit.
Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About Uniting Aged Care
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.