At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront justice. Our focus is on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Caseworker to join our “Intensive Family Preservation Program” based in South West Sydney (Campbelltown, Camden, Wingecarribee and Wollondilly).
As a Case Worker your role will be responsible for providing assessment, Intensive Home Visiting, crisis management and longer term casework as per the Homebuilders Model to the families at high risk of having their children removed into care for the protective concerns or having their children restored to their care.
- Provide intake and assessment of families into the program.
- Provide planning support and structure to the safety of children and young people.
- Assess the crisis the family is facing and establish an intervention involving Intensive Home Visiting
- Assist families to formulate and achieve goals that are child focused
- Facilitate the development and implementation of case plans with families
- Provide evidence based parent education programs to families
- Be available to participate on an on-call roster
What you need to succeed:
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications including social sciences, welfare or other areas of study relevant to the role
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- Experience working with Fathers and Families experiencing domestic violence
- Experience in supporting Aboriginal families in providing culturally sensitive interventions
- Experience in therapeutic casework and/or family preservation casework preferred
- Proven communication skills and the ability to identify needs, strengths and potential risks.
- Medium level proficiency in MS Office suite
- Must hold a current WWCC and Drivers licence
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity, WH&S and a willingness to embrace diversity
To express your interest, please provide a cover letter addressing “What you need to succeed” as part of your application.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.
For more information about the role, please contact Soraya Kauhiva – Talent Acquisition Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org