Location:South West and M5 Corridor
Closing:January 24, 2022
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront justice. Our focus is on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Caseworker to join our “Intensive Family Preservation Program” based in South West Sydney (Campbelltown, Camden, Wingecarribee and Wollondilly).
As a Case Worker your role will be responsible for providing assessment, Intensive Home Visiting, crisis management and longer term casework as per the Homebuilders Model to the families at high risk of having their children removed into care for the protective concerns or having their children restored to their care.
- Provide intake and assessment of families into the program.
- Provide planning support and structure to the safety of children and young people.
- Assess the crisis the family is facing and establish an intervention involving Intensive Home Visiting
- Assist families to formulate and achieve goals that are child focused
- Facilitate the development and implementation of case plans with families
- Provide evidence based parent education programs to families
- Be available to participate on an on-call roster
What you need to succeed:
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications including social sciences, welfare or other areas of study relevant to the role
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in the child protection sector
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and the ability to identify, assess and address these worries with families.
- Ability to work in partnership with families to achieve their goals, using a variety of evidence based intervention strategies.
- Experience working with families experiencing domestic violence.
- Experience in supporting Aboriginal families in providing culturally safe and sensitive interventions.
- Experience in engaging successfully with families from CALD backgrounds.
- Medium level proficiency in MS Office (particularly Outlook, MS Word and Excel).
- Flexibility and willingness to work out of hours and be on an on-call roster.
- Current driver’s license and willingness to transport families in company vehicles.
- Comply with NSW Working with Children Check and National Police History Check requirements.
- Understanding of EEO, OH&S and cultural issues.
To express your interest, please provide a cover letter addressing “What you need to succeed” as part of your application.
What we offer in return:
- Salary-packaging options
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Regular supervision, support and team meetings
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.
For more information about the role, please contact Soraya Kauhiva – Talent Acquisition Specialist on email@example.com