About the Opportunity
Uniting Forest Preschool, is a purpose-built preschool nestled in the grounds of Belrose Uniting Church, our warm and welcoming service operates during school terms and offers stimulating indoor and outdoor environments. Our programs have as a strong focus on inclusion and support for children with additional needs.
We invite Pre-School Educators to join our Inclusion Support Team to commence as soon as possible.
Our goal is to enable equitable education outcomes against the five outcome areas of the EYLF for all children in our service.
This role requires a flexible, motivated and sensitive nurturing professional who is eager to work collaboratively within the team to support inclusion of all children and their families/carers. Experience working with children with developmental delays and disabilities desirable but not essential.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We come from a belief that the power of inclusivity and community is the key ingredient to creating an environment where children can grow and flourish.
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
What you need to succeed:
- Must hold a Certificate III in Children’s Services
- Some experience and/or training in inclusion support is preferred, with a passion to build your skills in this area.
- Have sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Framework
- Must hold a current WWCC and First Aid Certificate
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and community members
- Believe in positive team spirit and embrace working in a diverse team
- Have a sunny personality with a positive attitude.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.