At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking a Catering coordinator to work at Uniting Elizabeth Gates, Alroy House in Singleton on a full time permanent basis.
The successful applicant should have experience in catering in the aged care environment, including provision of special meal requirements and preparation and delivery of weekly rotating menu.
The role requires a cook who has good time management and skills in prioritization and organisation as well as the ability to communicate well with aged people and their families, also responsible for quality food preparation, serving of meals to residents, cleaning and general hospitality duties.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Provide quality, timely and effective hotel service such as catering
- Completes documentation in the Food Safety Program and the information management system and coaches Food Services Team to undertake same
- Work for the continuous improvement of our service to ensure it’s the best it can be, in line with Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Queries and complaints from our clients and their families, as well as your co-workers and other service providers, that come your way, will be handled with a confidential and timely approach, in collaboration with your supervisor
- While providing effective and timely hotel services, you’ll treat our clients with respect and recognize their abilities, preferences and decision-making capacity.
- Certificate III in Hospitality/Commercial Cookery, and/or
- Certificate IV in Hospitality/Catering Operations.
- Current First Aid certificate
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident making decisions
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Great organization and time management skills.
- Previous experience in aged or community care or in a retail or hospitality environment
- Working knowledge of Food Safety regulations.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary packaging
For Further Information Contact: Carole Heath on (02) 6573 9901
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.