Location:Sydney - Inner West
Closing:February 29, 2024
About the opportunity
Uniting seeks an experienced Home Support (Administration) Officer to work at Uniting Quong Tart in Ashfield, Our Home Support (Administration) Officer is core to the Uniting team and live and breathes Inspired Care.
This role is central to the delivery of our person-centered approach and is the face of Uniting that goes beyond basic assistance with inquiries and office tasks. You will work collaboratively with the management team to support clients and their families to achieve their goals.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Communicating well with clients with varied needs and backgrounds.
- Performing various administrative tasks such as capturing inquiries, preparation of rosters, purchasing, and client bookings.
- Engaging and building community connections, prompting the services of Uniting
- Facilitating quality, timely and effective communication while maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of each client
- Promoting the rights and privacy of our clients, following relevant policy and legislation
- Working for the continuous improvement of our service to ensure it’s the best it can be, in line with Aged Care Accreditation Standards
Qualifications / Requirements
- Certificate 3 in Business Administration, Customer Service or equivalent qualification/experience
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- High attention to detail and ability to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
- Tech-savvy with the capacity to document and communicate electronically, including via email and mobile phone
- Great organization and time management skills
- Experience using client/data management systems
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary packaging
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.