Location:Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
Closing:November 8, 2021
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal, we strive to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day. Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
About the role:
- Based at Treeby Parklands Care Community.
- Permanent Full-time role working Monday to Friday.
Treeby Parklands Care Community is nestled in the southern suburbs of Perth close by to Piara Waters, Southern River, Cockburn and Jandakot Airport approximately 20 minutes from Perth CBD. The Care Community is accessible by Kwinana Freeway and Armadale Road. Built in 2020, Treeby Parkside offers high care and memory support to 120 residents. Split across two floors with a café, hairdressers, spacious gardens and Concentric Allied Health Services which is open to the community. Treeby Parklands offers a multitude of opportunities for career growth and progression, supported by the leadership team and wider multidisciplinary teams within the care community.
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What we look for:
- Create your seasonal menu in consultation with residents in the care community.
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program.
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers.
- Ensure detailed compliance with the food safety program.
- Oversee and manage the creation and delivery of meals and events.
- Create and deliver of outstanding food events.
- Full accountability for the food experience and hospitality operations in the care community.
- Create hero moments for our customers.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Excellent produce selection and rotation skills
- Outstanding budgeting and ordering skills
- Inspirational team leadership
- Completion of Certificate IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Food Safety Supervisory Certification
- 5 years’ experience as a Head Chef
- Current police check (within last 3 months)
What Opal can offer you:
- Opal HealthCare’s annual Chefs Masterclass
- Leadership and Management Courses available
- Opportunity to work with in a group of experienced chefs who share a passion for creating food experiences that delight
- Opal’s food philosophy
- A customer centric work environment
- A competitive salary
- Health and wellness programs
- A work week that enables incredible work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
Please note: a current Flu & Covid-19 vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
From 1st February 2021, you are required to obtain an NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: