Location:New South Wales
Closing:October 21, 2021
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
When passionate people come together, they can make a real difference in the lives of others. That’s why, we’re looking for a part time permanent Clinical Nurse Educator to join our Residential team to support and educate Registered Nurses across Uniting based in Goonellabah.
This role is responsible for supporting the training and practice development of clinical staff within Uniting Residential Aged Care. The role encompasses a consultative approach with service to determine and assist in the ongoing planning of learning needs for clinical staff and extends to close partnership with Clinical Nurse Consultants and Learning and Development Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Services within the Uniting capability framework to reach legislative and regulatory requirements
- Delivering creative blended learning solutions seeking to ensure all staff gain access to development
- Ensure Service learning needs analysis in reflective of current and proposed skill requirements in relation to identified needs
- Support the education provided by Clinical Nurse Consultants, internal clinical experts and external training providers to engage with team members by mentoring, coaching and improving clinical practice provided
- Current AHPRA registration, Registered Nurse with minimum 5 years nursing experience including 12 months minimum in Aged Care.
- Certificate IV in Training and Education
- Knowledge of best practice within clinical nurse education, including legislative and regulatory requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage others in learning and development
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. As an employee of Uniting you can benefit from:
- Salary packaging
- Paid travel entitlement
- Ongoing training & development
For Further Information Contact: Chad Couper on 0466 329 689
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.