Location:Sydney - Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:March 3, 2024
The Continuing Care Team Clinician provides comprehensive, evidence-based clinical case management, psychological and psychosocial interventions consistent with the Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre (EPPIC) model of care.
- Provisional Psychologist / Mental Health Social Worker / Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist
- Full-time contract in Parramatta + some Work from Home
- Approx $70k to $80k depending on experience + Super +Generous salary packaging benefits up to $18,550
headspace Parramatta, Mount Druitt and Penrith deliver the headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program. The headspace program offers an “open door”, easily accessible, early intervention service for young people wishing to obtain support for mental health or substance use issues. The headspace Early Psychosis program is a specialist service which focuses on providing comprehensive services to support young people who are at risk of developing a psychotic illness, or those who have experienced a first episode of psychosis.
The Continuing Care Team (CCT) Clinician role is a multidisciplinary team and an integral part of headspace Early Psychosis.
The overall aims of the CCT clinician position are:
• To reduce the duration of untreated psychosis in order to minimise the impact of a first episode of psychosis on the normal developmental trajectory of the young person
• To minimise the subjective distress of young people and their families associated with the experience of early psychosis and a first episode of psychosis
• To enable both symptomatic and functional recovery from a first episode of psychosis
Approved tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy and AHPRA membership;
or tertiary qualifications as Psychologist and AHPRA membership or provisional membership
or Social Worker (with eligibility for registration with AASW) or Registered Nurse
Key Selection Criteria
- The incumbent would be expected to have relevant clinical experience in and skills within mental health of a minimum of one-year post-registration, ideally with experience in early psychosis.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical practice, and in delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for young people.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate individualised psychosocial interventions to meet the needs of young people with psychosis based on a case formulation approach
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment and evidence based psychological interventions, within a stress-vulnerability and recovery framework for young people
- Sound knowledge and understanding of early psychosis rationale and principles including the developmental stages of young people and the impact that a first episode of psychosis has on their development and the impact on the family/significant others
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
For more information on headspace with Uniting, Click here
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements, company rewards
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training
- Career progression & development opportunities
Enquiries to Sarah Tabu, Talent Acquisition Coordinator at email@example.com Ref 503713