Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:August 25, 2022
About the opportunity
When busy and working families need more time outside of school hours Greystanes Outside School Hours Care provides an engaging program that is fun, safe and rewarding for students from kindergarten to Year 6, with a wide and diverse range of creative and recreational activities that are tailored to your child’s unique interests, personality and abilities.
Our thoughtfully planned programs are designed to enhance many of the skills your child learns at school along with their life skills, while keeping them engaged and entertained. This Service operates out of the Greystanes Uniting Church and Uniting Child Care Education and Care Service.
The service operates:
- Before School Care 7:00-9am
- After School Care 3:00-6pm
- Certificate IV in Children Services
- Approved child protection clearance
- Valid First Aid Course
- Valid Working With Children Check
- Understanding of diversity and inclusive practice
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to working within the values of Uniting Children, Young People and Families.
What do I need to succeed?
- Approved asthma emergency and anaphylaxis training
- Experience and knowledge of the National Quality Standard – My Time Our Place framework.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine love of working with children or caring for children
- Keen eye for identifying and mitigating risks
- Previous experience in leadership role and mentoring colleagues
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Confident Interpersonal skills
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Link to learn more about Uniting Early Learning – Early learning and childcare (uniting.org)