At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
This role of the Deputy Service Manager is central to guiding the delivery of our person-centred approach that enhances the wellbeing of our clients and help them achieve their goals and build resilience. Deputy Service Managers embody the Uniting person-centred care approach which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals and works to enhance their unique physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing.
We are looking for individuals who align with our company values of Imagination, Bold, Respectful, Compassionate and can demonstrate these on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Current registration with AHPRA (Registered Nurse/Allied Health)
- Relevant qualifications or extensive experience in Social Services, Management, Aged Care, Human Services or related disciplines
- Australian Driver’s License
- A good insight into the changes occurring within aged care sector
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Confident in giving and receiving feedback
- Able to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks