- Several casual opportunities available
- Residential work – various shifts including overnight
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice
The Doorways Program works alongside youths providing information, referral, “drop in support”, crisis services, and strengths-based casework that is driven by the needs of young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
In a supportive team environment your aim as a Caseworker is to help young people and families receive referral and support to resolve risk factors so they remain living with their families. Where this is not possible help with rapid re-housing, crisis and transition responses and intensive responses for complex needs.
Your experience ticks the following boxes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences and demonstrated relevant work experience with young people
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting on homeless young people and families
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive, honest and productive relationships with young people and families. Demonstrated experience in developing a support plan, provide casework support and follow up
- Ability to provide effective assessment and referral for a variety of issues and facilitate young people’s access to services that will meet their needs
- Ability to initiate and develop positive connections with relevant agencies, programs and services in local communities
- Excellent communication skills including-advocacy, mediation, conflict resolution, and written skills
- Ability to contribute to program development and evaluation
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Current driver’s license for work related travel as required, and willingness to transport service users
- First Aid Certificate
- Competencies in implementing a strength based solution framework
Our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, child and family, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
If this sounds like a job for you, please click apply to get your application started.
Applications close on Wednesday, 29 September 2021 @ 11:55pm.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.