About the Opportunity
Susanna Early Learning supports families with education and childcare, including a preschool program. We are open long hours for children aged two to five years.
Our Service has a strong focus on inclusion and support for children with additional needs.
We invite applications for a qualified Early Learning Teacher to join our supportive team employed on a 3 year Fixed Term Contract (Till 30th June 2024) on a Part-Time Basis. You may be required to work 5 days a week but working shorter hours.
This role requires flexible, motivated and sensitive nurturing professionals who are eager to work collaboratively within the team to support inclusion of all children and their families/carers. Experience working with children with developmental delays and disabilities desirable but not essential.
Our service offers a home-like, family atmosphere with bright and welcoming indoor learning spaces and stimulating outdoor environments that are designed to engage and inspire. We value every child as an individual with a unique personality, interests and needs, so we can best help them to unlock and achieve their potential while enjoying their time in our care.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We come from a belief that the power of inclusivity and community is the key ingredient to creating an environment where children can grow and flourish.
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor Teaching / Early Childhood Education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an ECT (experience working as educational lead advantageous)
- Experience and knowledge of National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework
- Experience of supporting continuous improvement including developing professional learning plans and programs
- Understanding of Children’s Services Regulations
- Experience and/or training in inclusion support is preferred, with a passion to build your skills in this area.
- WWCC / First Aid with an Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training Certificate
- Experience in programming and observations
- Solid knowledge of Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and community members
- Believe in positive team spirit and embrace working in a diverse team
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.