Location:Sydney - Blue Mountains
Closing:February 25, 2024
Be the Enhanced Care Clinician for young people at risk of mental illness in the community! Deliver individual-focused psychological therapy and interventions.
The program aims to identify headspace services experiencing high wait times for clinical services and implement activities to reduce these wait times.
- Full-time contract for Psychologist or Mental Health RN or Occupational Therapist or Social Worker in Katoomba
- Approx $78k base + super + generous salary packaging up to $18,550 per year
- Multi-disciplinary team in community mental health
The Enhanced Care Clinician will be responsible for delivering focused assessments, brief interventions and stepped care for young people aged 12-25 with, or at risk of mental illness in the local area. This includes liaising with local stakeholders to establish referral pathways, co-locating partnerships, and joint initiatives to enhanced support for young people.
As the Enhanced Care Clinician, your role specifically will include but not limited to:
- Promote the principles of early intervention, including establishing links with local stakeholders and maintaining/strengthening these links
- Maintain and promote an awareness of young people’s primary health issues in the community e.g. GP’s, Service Providers
- Provide thorough assessment and evidence-based brief intervention to young people referred to the outreach service
- Develop a systems-based approach to young people, as well as actively facilitate the provision of appropriate services across the full range of government and non-government agencies and individuals.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mental Health Nursing, Psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA Registration or AASW eligibility
- Have extensive experience (1-2 year minimum) providing primary mental health intervention, with conducting assessment and providing evidence-based treatment and case management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the mental health needs of young people (12-25 years) and their families.
- Actively contribute to clinical review processes and planning for young people within a recovery framework.
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements (pay less tax), company rewards
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training
- Career progression & development opportunities
Enquiries to Sarah Tabu, Talent Acquisition Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org Reference 504230