Closing:March 20, 2024
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an Exercise Physiologist to join our Allied Health team, working with client in their own homes and in Social Support Groups.
You will be responsible for supporting the development, as well as facilitating the implementation and review of the strength and balance programs in line with each client’s needs and goals.
This is a permanent part-time role, covering the Hunter and Central Coast area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting health screenings and functional re-assessments
- Facilitating, monitoring and reviewing both group and individual exercise programs
- Working with clients, their families, co-workers as well as other services so that the service we deliver is the best it can be
- A degree in Exercise Physiology
- A current Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in an Aged Care environment
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Experience with Gym supervision
- Working knowledge of gym equipment
- Ability to organise and conduct health screening and functional assessments
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office and Outlook
Benefits & Culture
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)