Location:North Shore & Northern Beaches
Closing:August 25, 2022
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 84 Care Communities across four states and employing a team of over 9,500 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with over eight new Care Communities scheduled to open in the next two years.
At Narrabeen Glades Care Community, we are opening our newly refurbished wing of 100 additional beds! Our Care Community is situated among beautiful eucalyptus glades in the heart of the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Newest features include sweeping bushland views, beautiful modern facilities, state of the art technology and equipment, the Treetops Café and in-house Wellness Centre!
About the role:
- Up to full time hours available
- Follow and implement the 8 Standards of Care
- Provide Choice, Empathy, Dignity and Respect for residents to achieve maximum quality of life and independence
- Deliver the highest quality of clinical care and holistic support to our residents.
- Provide clinical guidance and coordinate the care team
- Create and review care plans and escalate any issues of concern
- Develop and maintain positive resident/family and team relationships
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Current Australian Registration as a Registered Nurse (AHPRA)
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent qualification
- Experience in aged care is ideal
- Passion for high quality, holistic care
What Opal can offer you:
- Flexible working hours and shift options
- Pro-rata Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance available to successful candidates
- Platinum Affiliation with the Australian College of Nursing (ACN)
- Succession planning and training – access to our RN2CM development program
- Access to the Opal Healthcare Academy and Opal Scholarships – valued at up to $15,000 over a period of 3 years
- Salary Range: $59,000 – $85,000 per annum
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our Care Communities, as well as full vaccination against COVID19.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal