Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:January 24, 2022
Uniting is looking for people trained in caring for children with complex behaviours and trauma, who can provide a stable home with our financial and practical assistance. Could this be you, or someone you know?
Uniting is a not-for-profit organisation committed to providing safe and nurturing homes for children and young people. We are currently seeking individuals or couples to become specialised foster carers and provide care to children aged between 10-13.
Carers will be fully trained with access to 24-hour on-call support and receive a generous tax-free reimbursement of $75,000 per annum pro rata.
Who should apply?
- Existing or previous foster carers who are unemployed, working part-time or retired
- Professionals with experience in childhood education, social services, mental health or allied health, and an understanding of trauma and associated challenges
- People who have a spare bedroom and the time to dedicate to a child in need
We support specialist carers with:
- $75,000 non-taxable allowance per child per year
- 24/7 phone support available every day of the year
- Access to carer training, wraparound support and respite care
- Direct contact and partnership with the child’s caseworker
- Additional Government benefits may apply depending on individual circumstances
- Expert advice relating to the child’s health, education, culture, identity and family.
Uniting provides care and support for people through all ages and stages of life, with a focus on people experiencing disadvantage and vulnerability. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.
If you have what it takes to positively impact the life of a child in need, please apply now.
If you have any questions please get in contact with Tracey Sheather on 02 6581 6618 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit https://www.uniting.org/services/foster-care